With the Internet emerging as the most important source of information, local businesses know the importance of online presence through websites. Free website builder tools such as Wix have simplified the task of creating websites for local businesses.
Getting a website for your local business is no longer a challenge, but is your business website driving new customers to you? If your business website is not ranking high in search engines and not helping you acquire new business, you are not doing it right.
Wix can help local businesses drives hordes of customers with the right kind of website, complete with all modern features and best user experience, and search engine optimizations through its easy-to-use Wix SEO Wizard.
Wix SEO Wiz for Success of Local Business Websites
Search engine optimization, or SEO, is the road to success online for local business looking to acquire new customers and open up a new revenue stream. Being a laggard in search rankings is simply not an option for successful businesses.
As a small business owner, you might not have the right skill to take care of SEO on your own. Hiring a professional can be a costly affair. How about a personal SEO coach for search engine optimization of your local business website?
Wix SEO Wiz, a do-it-yourself tool from Wix, holds your hand through the entire SEO process for your website. Through its intuitive platform, Wix SEO Wiz makes the boring and tedious task of SEO easy and interesting. Wix does not only help you create professional and attractive websites, it helps you optimize your website for success without any additional cost or a steep learning curve.
Before we look at the Wix SEO Wiz features, here’s how you get the edge over your competitor using Wix to build your local business websites.
- Aesthetically pleasing, modern website using the right website templates with interesting images and elements.
- Fast-loading website with least downtime through its reliable web hosting service.
- Mobile-friendly website that support all devices and offers the most exciting user experience to impress your customers and keep them engaged with your business website.
A fast and reliable website with best user experience across all devices helps you rank higher in search engines while making a good impression on your prospective customers.
Now, that you have the rigt kind of website for SEO success, let us see how you can optimize your website even further using Wix SEO Wiz for higher rankings in search engines.
1. Personalized SEO Action Plan: Search engine domination requires a carefully-crafted plan that covers all possible aspects of website optimizations. (Can you win a battle without a plan?) Wix SEO Wiz comes handy here. It generates a personalized plan for your website SEO. Simply follow the customized checklist to optimize your website based on your goals.
Wix SEO Wiz provides you detailed tips and tutorials on all aspects of SEO. It also makes it easy to create SEO page titles, meta descriptions, keyword-rich page content, etc. With the Wix SEO Wiz checklist, you will never forget anything required for optimization.
2. Proper Keyword Research: In search engine race, keywords play a critical role. You need to optimize your website content with the right keywords so as to help your potential customer find you easily. Wix has tools and wizards that help you in this SEO functionality as well. Search queries are based on keywords and keyword phrases. As a local business website, your objective is to reach the customers looking for a service or product in your locality. Your target keywords are based on the business niche and also your location. You have a main keyword and also another variant with the location included.
If you are a pet groomer operating in Richmond, you want to appear at the top for keywords such as “pet groomer”, “dog groomer”, “pet groomer Richmond” and “dog groomer Richmond”.
Wix SEO Wiz analyzes your keywords and also suggests relevant keywords to improve your online presence. For a local business, finding and targetting the right keywords, including location-specific keywords and long-tail keywords, can make a big difference. Wix SEO Wiz can help you take the lead here.
3. Meta Tags, URLs & Descriptions: For the best SEO, you also need to optimize meta tags, page titles, description tags, content headings and URL structures. Wix SEO Wiz prompts you to add the right keywords in content, webpage title, and description meta tags. It also helps you add the right keywords in the URL structure of your webpages. It also helps you optimize images and other media elements by adding the right alternative text, descriptions, captions, etc.
4. Tracking Your SEO Success: Wix SEO Wiz also track the performance of your website in search rankings. With your progress updates, you can easily check the results and take appropriate action to fix any possible problem areas with reinforced SEO action plan.
5. Learn the SEO Game: Wix will not only help you improve your website SEO, but it will also be your tutor for all things related to SEO. Wix SEO Wiz will provide answers to all your SEO queries with detailed explanations and video tutorials. You need to follow the wizard blindly. Learn all of the SEO tips and tricks with it.
That’s not all. Wix SEO Wiz will be your personal assistant and coach for your website SEO at all times. It will keep a tab on your website’s SEO and keep offering suggestions and tips for you. The Wix SEO Wiz is always evolving with the changing SEO landscape, which means your website can always stay updated with the best SEO settings for online success.
Going the Extra Mile for Local Dominance
As a local business, you don’t need to dominate the world. You simply want to capture your locality. As a Richmond pet groomer, it makes no difference where you rank in search results for a keyword phrase such as “pet groomer New York”. However, you do want to rank at the top for the broad niche keywords such as “pet groomer” and “dog groomer” for all queries generated in your work locality Richmond. This is where local SEO comes into play.
You can improve your local SEO by adding rich microdata sinppets for business address, pincode, workhours, phone numbers, services, pricing, etc (check Schema.org for details).
For better ranking for broad keyword search by users physically present in your business locality, you should embed location maps (Google Maps) for your shops. Creating Google Business listing page and a Facebook business with your correct business address and phone number also improves your local SEO ranking.
- Social media signals such as shares and likes
- Local map listings to help locate your business
- Business reviews and citations by customers
- Backlinks from authority websites through various white-hat link-building methods
- HTTPS support on website for security
- Websites that support progressive web features