If you’re an avid blogger and you’d like to reach out to a larger audience, start video blogging. Video blogging or vlogging is all about preparing videos and posting them in websites or blogs, thus awaiting responses from the target audience. Unlike a regular blog, a video blog gives you the extra edge where your target audience can see your expressions and hear the tone of your voice. This helps to communicate your message better.
How to start video blogging
The first step is create a video blog on your own, after which you should make it available online. To make your own video blog, the basic things that you need are a computer that can work with a movie program and a camera to take video and snapping shots. You should follow the steps given below:
- Create your digital video on the camera
- Download the video into your computer
- Edit your video content using free software like Microsoft Movie Maker
- Compress the video so that it doesn’t take up much space
Tip: The smaller you compress the video, the better will be its quality. So, try compressing the video down to a single megabyte.
Once you compress the video blog, upload it in a video blogging community. You may have to choose the right community depending upon the type of content used in your vlog. Do read the terms and conditions prior to uploading your vlog.
Once you have uploaded your video, simply embed the code into your own blog. This will allow you to upload the video in your blog.
Tips to follow when creating a video blog
1. Keep your video content to the point: Make sure your video content is short and to the point. Make it simple such that it appeals to your audience.
2. Avoid using the vlog as a direct sales tool: Even if you may be using your vlog to promote your product, just make sure it doesn’t look like a direct sales tool. Otherwise, chances are that the audience may consider it as a commercial, thus giving you a negative response.
3. Share your opinion: You should have an opinion on the topic you’re vlogging and you need to share it with your audience. That’s one of the reasons why people may visit your blog frequently. It’ll make your video blog authentic and that’s what the audience looks for.
3 Ways to promote your video blog
1. Through RSS Feed: You can promote your vlog through an RSS Feed. This will enable your target audience to subscribe to your blog and download your videos to their computers.
2. Add the vlog link to your email signature: You can add the link to your vlog in your email signature. So, whenever you’re mailing someone, it’ll show up and make way for others to click on the vlog link.
3. Post link to your vlog in forums: When you participate in forums, you can post the link to your video blog and talk about it whenever it is relevant to the topic under discussion. Merely placing the link in each and every discussion won’t work for you. The moderators there will simply remove it, as it’ll look like you’re promoting your product. Such promotion isn’t allowed in forums, which look forward to having serious discussions on their topics of interest.
Video blogging can help to establish a personal connection with your target audience. This will actually take your blog to a level where you can expect to get quick response from the audience.