Blogging was initially limited to a few storytellers who shared their personal journey. While it still is a personalized way of reaching out to the audience, it is now also a professional and businesses too have understood its importance. Even small businesses that are embracing blogging are seeing as much as 100% growth in terms of the leads.
Blogging itself has become a profession for many. Lifestyle bloggers, fashion bloggers, travel bloggers, technology bloggers have created a following that can easily give established businesses a run for their money. Consequently, brands are looking forward to collaborate with bloggers to market their products among an audience group that is most likely to interact.
Marketing today is all about fresh and unique content that serves a purpose. However, when the publication day rolls in, many frantically scramble at last minute write-ups or trying to figure out how to best put a story.
Whatever interests or skills you possess, if you are good at writing and taking photographs, there’s a world of opportunity out there! Running a blog and making it successful isn’t, however, easy. Well, here’s how you need to start and keep you following grow.
1. Pick topics relevant to your audience: If you have started a travel blog, don’t go on to write stories about politics, if it isn’t relevant to the topic you choose. As a travel blogger, you are expected to have opinions on travel. For politics, they can always turn to polity experts.
2. Update your content regularly: It is necessary that you keep your audience engaged. Blogging is a world of competition wherein you try to make your presence felt among storytellers from across the globe. It is necessary that the stories keep coming. That said, it will also be necessary that you maintain the quality of your work.
3. Write for other bloggers and businesses too: Getting published on other websites and platforms prove that you are credible and that your work is being recognized. People like to hear stories that have been making quite of a stir.
4. Write on what you are most passionate about: This is the only way to make a personal connection with your audience. This is also the only way you will be best at putting a story in your own words. The uniqueness of bloggers is that they share what they personally experience. That also earns them an organic following.
5. Try becoming a thought leader: Whatever industry you choose, be it fashion or travel, try getting deeper. It is only when you are perceived as a thought leader that you can expect to gain from your blogging – both personally and financially.
6. Interact a lot with your audience: Interacting with your audience is an amazing way to make them feel special and remain the follower of your work. Talk to your audience through social media, direct emails, and also blog comments. Engage with them.
7. Use the power of social media: If you are a blogger of any sort, social media is perhaps the best way to share your stories across. Become an addict! Stay prolific on social media platforms that are popular among your target audience.
8. Share your content: There’s no shame in sharing your own content. People will understand that you are trying to be heard and will respect your passion for storytelling.
9. Don’t force it: While you should be seeking all opportunities to gain an audience, also ensure that you are forcing your audience into checking out your stories. You should make them feel genuinely interested.
10. Be yourself: Again, that’s why you would be getting the ears. No one wants to hear to another version of a story already said!