Interested in knowing what all resources and tools do we use at SpeckyGeek.com to run our blog efficiently, manage our productivity and also generate revenue. Here’s the updated list to help you start your website efficiently.
Almost all of our domains are registered with Godaddy. It offers discounted rates as low as $1 for new users for .com domains. Never register a domain with any unreliable registrar.
Use LeanDomainSearch.com & Domainr.com for searching available domains. You can also find expired domains at ExpiredDomains.net.
SpeckyGeek.com is hosted on HostGator shared web hosting. The service is affordably priced, reliable and always up. SpeckyGeek.com readers can benefit from an exclusive discount offered by Hostgator to our esteemed readers.
Another web hosting service that we use and recommend is BlueHost, which is equally reliable and cheap. These two hosting services are the best for newbie bloggers. (Avoid hosting from GoDaddy.)
Most of our websites and blogs use WordPress, the open source and free website/blog platform. We recommend using self-hosted WordPress website for your blogs and websites.
- WordPress.org for free themes
- ThemeForest for premium, paid themes
- Genesis for flexible WordPress theme framework
- WP Super Cache for website caching
- Yoast SEO for advanced SEO features
- Ninja Forms for contact forms
- Gimp free image editing tool
- Pixlr for online image editing
- PicMonkey for online image editing
Free Images for Blogs
- Pixabay for a huge inventory of images
- OpenClipArt.org for more free images & cliparts
- ShareASale.com: Use affiliate marketing by promoting products and services to monetize your web site.
Don’t find what you are looking for?
If you need any support or assistance, please do contact us.