Interested in knowing what all resources and tools do we use at SpeckyGeek.com to run our blog efficiently, manage our productivity and also generate revenue. Here’s the updated list to help you start your website efficiently.
Almost all of our domains are registered with Godaddy. It offers discounted rates as low as $1 for new users for .com domains. Never register a domain with any unreliable registrar.
Use LeanDomainSearch.com & Domainr.com for searching available domains. You can also find expired domains at ExpiredDomains.net. If you keep checking regularly, you can find some gems in expired domains.
SpeckyGeek.com is hosted on a shared web hosting. We recommend BlueHost, which is reliable and affordable. BlueHost is one of the most popular web hosting service providers, and very easy to use for newbies. You get a cPanel based web hosting that you can easily use to create and manage blogs (WordPress) and websites. (I personally avoid hosting from GoDaddy as it does not offer cPanel.)
Most of our websites and blogs use WordPress, the open source and free website/blog platform. We recommend using self-hosted WordPress website for your blogs and websites.
- WordPress.org for free themes
- ThemeForest for premium, paid themes
- Genesis for flexible WordPress theme framework
- Get our free WP themes at ReduxThemes.com
- WP Super Cache for website caching
- Yoast SEO for advanced SEO features
- Ninja Forms for contact forms
- Gimp free image editing tool
- Pixlr for online image editing
- PicMonkey for online image editing
Free Images for Blogs
- Unsplash for high-quality commercial-use images
- Pixabay for a huge inventory of images (check licenses)
- OpenClipArt.org for more free images & cliparts
- ShareASale.com: Use affiliate marketing by promoting products and services to monetize your web site.
Don’t find what you are looking for?
If you need any support or assistance, please do contact us.