Blogs and websites are making money online and generating a full-time income of lots of people as well as companies across the globe. With the surge in e-retailing, blogging and website content platforms, the Internet’s share in creating wealth is growing globally. The Internet has emerged as a huge platform for generating wealth and income.
According to a forecast for 2016 available on Statista.com, the Internet accounts for around 12% of the GDP for the United Kingdom. It’s about 7% for China and 5.5% for both the US and India. The share of Internet income is pegged at around 5% for G-20 countries. According to a 2011 study by McKinsey & Company, the Internet accounted for around 3.4% of the total income (gross domestic product) of 13 countries, including the Group of Eight countries, India, Brazil, China, Sweden and South Korea. So there’s a huge scope for making more money.
Are you make money online by monetizing your websites and blogs?
If you aren’t monetizing your blog websites, you are losing out money, a lot of it if the website is getting good traffic. Do you want to learn how to monetize websites and blogs? There are several ways of monetizing a website. Use the methods that you find best fit for your websites and blogs. Don’t be afraid of experimenting to know which strategy works best for you.
1. Google AdSense: If you are looking for an easy way of monetizing your websites, Google AdSense is one of the best options. No matter what your website is about, Google AdSense will be able to display relevant text and banner ads. When someone clicks on advertisements, you get paid. Earlier, Google capped the number of ads one could display on each webpage. Not any more. You must learn how to get your Google Adsense account to start generating money showing ads.
2. CPM Ads: In AdSense, you get paid for clicks. In CPM (cost per million) ads, you get paid for each time the ad is displayed on your website. These ads can be good source of income if your website gets a large number of visitors.
3. Text Links: Text link ads displayed in your content can be another way of monetizing your website. It can be a bit obtrusive as your readers will see a pop-up when they hover on the links.So make sure that it doesn’t make your visitors unhappy.
4. Affiliate Marketing: Pushing products and services of other companies is a very popular method of generating income from websites. You get a commission whenever someone buys products and services through your affiliate link. You can use banners and links on your website apart from in-text links in articles and product reviews.
5. Donations: If your website is providing valuable content and resources, putting a donation button prominently in the sidebar or below content can be a good source of money. Ask people to send you a few dollars. Self-improvement websites often use this method.
6. Subscription: Apart from voluntary donations, you can also ask your readers to subscribe to your website for content and resources. You can offer some content for free and put premium content behind subscription wall. A lot of websites offering web resources make use of this method. Make sure that your readers get to see the preview/summary of the premium content.
7. Offering Services: If you are in a niche where you can offer consultancy or services, display your services prominently on your website. You can put a banner ad telling your readers about the services that offer. Though you will have to do some additional work, it can be very lucrative.
8. Selling Products: If you can create some products such as e-books, hand-crafted ornaments and illustrations, put them up for sale on your website and make money online.
9. Selling Website: When your website starts getting good traffic and revenue, you can consider selling it. You can easily get 12-24 times the monthly revenue of your website. Consider selling your website if you want to make some quick money.
10. Selling Domains/Domaining: You can start making money without even creating a website. All that you need is to register the domains that you find attractive enough to generate interest for actual development in the future. Park these domains on your webserver with a webpage showing the domain is for sale. You can also create a small website on the domain to monetize it while you are waiting for a buyer for the domain.